Beautifully Renovated Walter Durham Colonial
1624 W. Montgomery Ave Villanova, PA, 19085 United States Get directions$865,000 $194/Sq. ft.
- StyleFrench Colonial
- Age59 Years
- District Lower Merion School District
- MLS# 6950120
- Listed 2 Years 4 Months 23 Days Ago
- Beautiful renovations abound in this 5 BD, 3/1 BA traditional home which was designed by noted Main Line architect, Walter Durham. The new front door opens to an Entrance Hall & gracious Living Room. Large windows are clad in plantation shutters, & the area over the fireplace is wired for a TV. The Dining Room offers scenic views of serene gardens thru large windows & sliders to the rear patio create great flow for entertaining. The gourmet Kitchen has been completely renovated w/new cabinets, flooring, backsplash, island, granite counters, SubZero, 6-burner gas cooktop, double ovens, Fisher Paykel DW, plus a beverage frig. An Andersen glass door in the sunny Breakfast Area offers add'l access to the patio. Just a few steps down from the Kitchen is a Family Rm with radiant heated tile flooring, a picture window, & Powder Room. Bedrooms were combined on the 2nd floor to create an expansive Master BD Suite w 2 walk-in closets, Master BA w granite tile, double shower &
- Set far back from the road and screened by gorgeous specimen plantings for privacy, this home offers classic, old world construction and charm yet features new world amenities. A sparkling pool, patio, and open rear lawn are enclosed by estate style fencing, and the front yard is pre-wired for electronic gates. The long driveway has a Belgian block accents & leads to an attached 2-car garage plus a gracious parking courtyard with ample space for visitors. This area is embraced by a masonry wall with statuary, specimen plantings, landscape lighting, & custom iron railings which match the original gate. This 4,463 s.f. home is located in sought-after Lower Merion school district near Villanova Univ., Ashbridge Park/playground, & the soon-to-open Stoneleigh Estate public garden. Convenient access to Center City, hospitals, corporate centers, Airport, train, and shops, restaurants, and movies in the charming villages of Wayne & Bryn Mawr.
- Other upgrades incl. new paint, refinished wood floors, energy efficient lighting, ceiling fans, storm water management, new gutters/downspouts, and a multi-room built-in sound system.
Taxes & Fees
- Condo Fees : Not Available
- Taxes: $15,287
- Tax Year: 2017
- Monthly Rent: Not Available
|9||Harriton Senior High School||9-12||0.9 mi|
|8||Gladwyne School||K-5||2.9 mi|
|7||Welsh Valley Middle School||6-8||4.3 mi|
|NA||Villanova Academy For Honor Studies||PK-6||0.5 mi|
|NA||Holy Child School at Rosemont||PK-8||0.8 mi|
|NA||St. Katherine Day School -Upper||NR||1 mi|
|NA||Archbishop John Carroll High School||9-12||1.1 mi|
|NA||The Agnes Irwin School||PK-12||1.4 mi|
School data provided by National Center for Education Statistics, Maponics, and GreatSchools. Intended for reference only. GreatSchools Ratings compare a school’s test performance to statewide results. To verify enrollment eligibility, contact the school or district directly.
Find out what your home is worth
- Tracy Pulos Accredited Buyer Agents, e-Certified Agent with 19 years experience
- BHHS Fox & Roach REALTORS 216 E. Lancaster Avenue, Wayne, PA 19087
- Mobile (610) 329-7399
- Mobile (610) 416-4669
- Office (610) 688-4310
- Email email@example.com
- Areas Served Wayne, Strafford, Villanova, Devon, Bryn Mawr, Rosemont, Ardmore, Gladwyne, Newtown Square, Radnor, Paoli, Berwyn, Malvern, Wynnewood, Narberth, Rosemont
- Specializations Buyers, Sellers, Relocation, First-Time Buyers, Historic Homes, Luxury Homes